Dr Martin Hobbs, Dr Rupert Davenport and Dr Penny Barnard-Bosma hold the RCVS certificate in small animal surgery and are supported in this field by experienced colleagues at the Hospital. Soft tissue surgery is surgery for treatment of diseases which are not covered under orthopaedics, therefore affecting the soft tissues of the body. This includes surgery for most internal organs as well as skin, muscle and fat.
Examples of conditions which may require soft tissue surgery are:
- Laryngeal surgery – to repair paralysis or collapse
- BOAS (brachycephalic obstructive airway syndrome) surgery – this is the airway syndrome given to dogs with a shorter nose and reduced airways. For further information on this please read our blog Click here
- Foreign body removal – for example from the stomach or intestines
- GDV (Gastric dilatation volvulus) – a life threatening condition often seen in larger deep chested dogs
- Mass removals
- TECA +/- LBO (total ear canal ablation & lateral bulla osteotomy)
- Hernia repairs including inguinal, diaphragmatic and perineal
- Wound repairs from trauma
- Colposuspension treatment for urinary incontinence
With dedicated facilities, patient monitoring machines and a wide range of high quality equipment alongside our 24hour nursing care at our Meopham Hospital we are able to offer a wide range of surgeries and accept referrals in this field form many local practices.
For additional information, please do not hesitate to get in touch firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Meopham Hospital is easily accessible from both the M20 and the A2. Conveniently located on the A227 only 15 minutes from Gravesend.